Power over Ethernet (PoE) HAT for Raspberry Pi 3B+ / 4B (802.3af PoE Network)
The PoE HAT for Raspberry Pi supports 802.3af PoE compatible power-sourcing equipment. The Power over Ethernet HAT works with Raspberry Pi 3B+ and Raspberry Pi 4B. This PoE HAT for Raspberry Pi is a compact hardware that allows you power your Raspberry Pi microcontroller through the PoE enabled networks. For heat management, the PoE HAT for Raspberry Pi comes with a brushless 25mmx 25mm CPU cooling fan.
Specs of PoE HAT for Raspberry Pi 3B+ / 4B
- Power-sourcing compatibility: Designed to work with 802.3af PoE Network power sourcing equipment
- Switched-Mode Power Supply (Fully Isolated)
- Class 2 Device – Compatible with 37V to 57V DC
- 5V/2.5A DC output voltage
- Brushless CPU cooling fan 25mm x 25mm
- Fan Control
- Weight: 0.04 kg | 40 grams
- Dimensions: 65mm x 56.5mm | 6.5cm x 5.65cm
Hardware Required for PoE HAT for Raspberry Pi
You need the following hardware in order to use PoE HAT for Raspberry Pi. Please note that supportive hardware listed below DOES NOT come with this offer.
- Raspberry Pi 3B+ or 4B
- Power-Sourcing equipment for 802.3af PoE Network
- Ethernet Cable
How to properly connect PoE HAT to Raspberry Pi?
- The product comes with the spacers which you need to fix with corners of the board
- On Raspberry Pi, use 2x (40 + 4) 1-inch header in order to connect it with the PoE HAT
- Power the Raspberry Pi board connected to the HAT by using the RJ45 connector
How to properly disconnect the PoE HAT for Raspberry Pi?
DO NOT lift the connector from one side while the opposite side remains attached to the pins. You must make sure to pull it all at once by keeping the connector straight so that all pins get disconnected at once.
What are the advantages of Power over Ethernet (PoE) HAT for Raspberry Pi 3B+ / 4B
- It is easy to use the Power over Ethernet (PoE) HAT for Raspberry Pi because there is no need for modifications. You just need to check and install the latest software updates on Raspberry Pi so that you could use all the available functions
- The 25mm x 25mm brushless cooling fan for CPU is compatible with the I2C interface and it comes with the fan controller. It keeps the processor from heating up too much during extended processing
- The CPU fan on Power over Ethernet (PoE) HAT comes with Auto ON/OFF function which is power efficient because it only rotates when CPU generates enough heat that it requires cooling
Safety precautions for handling PoE HAT for Raspberry Pi 3B+ / 4B
- Only use the compatible power-sourcing equipment i.e. 802.3af PoE Network supportive equipment
- Check the country / regional standard to make sure that you are using the standard and reliable external power supply for Raspberry Pi
- Avoid covering the PoE HAT with anything because proper ventilation is important for this hardware to perform at its best
- Always place the Power over Ethernet HAT on a flat and non-conductive surface
- Make sure that no conductive material is in contact with the PoE HAT
- Keep the PoE HAT from away from water and moisture
- Protect the PoE HAT from any heat-releasing source
- Use the PoE HAT at normal room temperature
- Take all necessary precautions when repairing printed circuit board or connectors or handling or machine damage
- 1x Power over Ethernet (PoE) HAT for Raspberry Pi
- 1x Raspberry Pi Screw Pack (4pcs)