Universal e-Paper Raw Panel Driver Board – ESP32 WiFi and Bluetooth Support
- User Guide, Connection Examples, Codes and Resources
This Universal e-Paper Driver Board is compatible with different e-Ink Display Panels (Raw e-Papers) as long as they are compatible with the SPI communication interface. This driver board features the ESP32 WiFi and Bluetooth SoC and also has its dedicated Android App.
Easy Solution to Display Images on e-Papers
Easily connects to a smartphone or PC via Bluetooth or WiFi, collects images and displays them on the e-Paper.
- Shelf label: Suitable for displaying product information, pricing, and promotions
- Industrial instrument: Ideal for displaying measurements and data in a wide range of industrial applications
- E-reader: Perfect for reading e-books and other digital content with a paper-like effect
- Smartwatch: Can be used to display notifications, time, and other relevant information on a smartwatch screen
- The e-Paper ESP32 Driver Board is a wireless solution for updating e-Paper display content. It is suitable for various applications, including supermarket price tags, e-cards, and serial port info monitoring.
- Onboard ESP32 with Arduino development support.
- Android App for refreshing display content via Bluetooth EDR.
- HTML host code for refreshing display content via remote webpage, making it suitable for Internet applications.
- Supports the Floyd-Steinberg dithering algorithm, resulting in more colour combinations and better shadow rendering for the original image.
- Supports popular image formats such as BMP, JPEG, GIF, PNG, etc.
- Comes with the user manual and development resources
Advantages of E-Paper (E-Ink) Display Technology
The E-Paper Display uses microcapsule electrophoretic technology to display content. This technology works by applying an electric field to charged particles suspended in clear fluid, causing the microcapsule to become visible by reflecting ambient light, just like traditional printed paper. Some of the benefits of this technology are:
- Clear display without electricity: Display content is clearly visible under lamplight or natural light without a backlight
- Wide viewing angle: Offers nearly up to 180° viewing angle
- Paper-like effect: Often used as an e-reader due to its resemblance to traditional printed paper
- Operating Voltage: 5V
- WiFi Protocol: 802.11 b / g / n
- Bluetooth Protocol: Low Power BLE, Bluetooth 4.2, and traditional BR/EDR
- Communication Interface: SPI 4-Wire (Default) and SPI 3-Wire
- Low Power Current: <2mA (CP2102 power supply cut off)
- Operating Current: 50mA ~ 150mA
- Dimensions: 29.46mm x 48.25mm
- Weight: 37 Grams
Image Transmission via Bluetooth EDR
Comes with an easy-to-use Android App
Please note that the e-Paper display is NOT included (it is only used in the image for demonstration).
Image Transmission via Remote Webpage
HTML Host Code support – ideal for various Internet Applications
Supports Floyd-Steinberg Dithering
Better shadow rendering, more colour combinations, and quality display effects
- Universal e-Paper Driver Board
- e-Paper Adapter
- FFC 24 Pin